Why choose NZ wool?
Pure wool makes an ideal bedding choice because it provides:
- Lightness and comfort all year round – all White Cloud duvets carry Woolmark certification of quality
- Insulation; the greater the fill weight, the warmer the duvet
- Allergy and Asthma relief. All White Cloud duvets and pillows are recommended for use by Asthma and Allergy sufferers
- A microclimate to suit you; warm in winter and cool in summer
- The transfer of moisture away from your skin, helping maintain an even body temperature throughout the night
- A deeper and more restful sleep!!
- Wool is the natural choice for the 21st century as it is fully, renewable, sustainable, 100% natural, biodegradable and fire resistant, unlike other bedding materials.
Sleep better with wool
Sleeping under a wool duvet reduces discomfort and movement, which in turn leads to a reduced heart rate. This results in a deeper, calmer sleep. Overall, users of pure wool bedding can experience upto 800 hours of better sleep per year!
Lack of sleep hampers the immune system and impairs speech, memory, intellectual development and innovative thinking. Click here to read the findings of the Woolmark sleep research study
Not all wools are the same!
- The Otago region has the hottest summers and coldest winters in New Zealand. It provides the perfect climate and landscape to produce some of the whitest, finest and cleanest natural wool in the world.
- Our wool bedding products are made using a combination of New Zealand high country Merino wool (a 10cm long fleece of fine dense wool) and wool from lower level sheep such as Corriedale and Romney (which have stronger, thicker fleeces).
- The wool used in our products is specifically chosen for its high quality – it is not a by-product of meat production.