Now that I am at the end of a VERY busy Wool Week, I thought I would share with ewe (!)
The top 10 official Campaign for Wool reasons to LOVE WOOL:
1. Pure wool is 100% natural, 100% renewable, 100% sustainable, 100% biodegradable. If you love the environment, use more wool!
2. Wool is warmer. How else would sheep keep so snug on a snowy hillside?
3. Wool has safety benefits too. According to fire fighters, wool carpets are more flame retardant if your house catches fire, and give off significantly less smoke.
4. And wool breathes… naturally. Children love the sensation of wearing real merino wool against their skin.
5. Sleep under woollen blankets and duvets for a scientifically proven deeper, cosier night’s rest.
6. Wool has hypoallergenic properties. The kindest, most natural material around.
7. It’s so versatile. Insulate with it, soundproof with it, even package with it. The world’s oldest renewable material is also the most modern.
8. Wool carpets look better for longer- a lasting investment.
9. Sheep are part of our historic landscape. Imagine Britain (or New Zealand!) without fields of sheep, but it could happen.
10. Sheep numbers have halved in 20 years, partly because we’re all using less wool.
Time for me to return to my fold and oversee (literally!) all that goes on at White Cloud from the top of the big filing cabinet! I will be spending the next few days and weeks preserving my strength in order to support the land of my birth “the land of the long white cloud” in its bid to win the Rugby World Cup. Over and out ……